The tropical climate of Hawaii is good for almost everyone. Doctors recommend traveling to ocean coasts and breathing sea air for both children and adults. But this kind of climate is especially useful for seniors. If at this age, there is an opportunity to move to live on the coast of the ocean, then why not use it?
Besides, nowadays, there are plenty of real-estate offers that provide you with the possibility to rent or even buy houses and apartments affordably. Check out https://hawaiitrustedrealty.com/houses-for-sale-honolulu/kailua to find out your opportunities. We will talk more about the health benefits of living in Hawaii further in this post.
Health Benefits of the Ocean
The benefits of the ocean and sea for the body have long been proven. Therefore, seniors are trying to move closer to coats. Useful sea air, climate, and seawater are the main reasons for this.
Some mistakenly believe that the only benefit of sea air is that you will not breathe in anything harmful. In fact, sea air is not neutral but positive. Here’s how it affects the body:
- Marine fumes. Sea air is saturated with the entire table of chemical elements. Near the coast, the concentration of the most useful substances is the highest.
- It can increase the rate of metabolic processes in the body. This leads to weight loss. If you or your loved ones have been trying to lose weight for a long time, but there is no result, try sticking to the same diet by the sea. You will see, it will become much easier to lose the weight you have been trying to get rid of for so long.
- Mental abilities are improved. Useful chemical elements have a beneficial effect on the work of the brain. If you are a creative person, then the sea creates a favorable environment.
- Psychological tension disappears. The ocean is a powerful antidepressant. It is enough to take a walk along the shore, and apathy disappears while the love of life returns.
- Moisturizing the mucous membrane. Living on the ocean coast for a month, you will forget about nasal congestion for a long time. If even a ten-day trip can have a healing effect, imagine the state of your health if you stay for a few months or even live in Hawaii.
- Ocean air is good for the heart and vascular system. Most seniors suffer from heart diseases. Ocean air improves the functioning of the cardiovascular system.
- Beneficial effect on the thyroid gland. The body of senior people often suffers from a lack of iodine. In sea air, it is contained in sufficient quantities.
- Good for the skin. The combination of this air with seawater rejuvenates the skin. No cosmetics will give it such smoothness and purity.
- It improves mood. This also follows from all the previous points. The worldview becomes much more positive, and the desire to live increases.
Not only air and climate, but seawater itself has healing properties. Here are the main health problems you can treat living on the ocean coast:
Skin diseases and wounds
The main difference between river or lake water and ocean water is the number of minerals it contains. Some of them, like magnesium and calcium, contribute to the prevention and treatment of psoriasis. Because of this disease, a rash appears on the skin, causing severe itching. Any person suffering from this chronic disease will confirm that after seawater, the disease recedes. Also, ocean water is useful if a person suffers from eczema. Water reduces inflammation.
Due to the high content of iodine, seawater is called an antiseptic. Perhaps this is not the right statement. Of course, swimming with open wounds is strongly discouraged. But the iodine contained in the water is quite capable of healing small scratches.
Chronic diseases of the throat and nose
Hindus from ancient times treated diseases of the nasopharynx with seawater. This idea was seriously considered only a couple of centuries ago, but now recommendations to visit the coast can be heard from any doctor. The secret to how seawater improves immunity lies in the content of zinc and selenium in the water.
People suffering from chronic diseases of the nose buy saline solutions. For those who are lucky enough to move to live on the coast, there is no such need. After all, it is enough for them to regularly stroll on the shore to disinfect their nose from harmful microbes.
Doctors believe that those who live by the sea have healthier lungs. This observation is associated with the fact that seawater cleanses and changes the composition of body fluids in the mucous membrane.
So, why not improve your health and enjoy the calm and relaxing atmosphere of living in Hawaii? Stop hesitating and look for a dwelling to make your dreams come true!