August 9, 2022

about visiting Paris and eating

Finest Summer season Trip Locations 2022

Getting a visa is arguably one of the most important steps of the international university...

Getting a visa is arguably one of the most important steps of the international university application process; it has the power to confirm all the efforts you made to get into your dream institution. This is why having a thorough understanding of the student visa application process is crucial. This article will tell you how to get a student visa for the top five study abroad destinations in the world!

What is a student visa?

A student visa is a nonimmigrant visa issued to aspirants who want to pursue their education abroad. It permits students to stay and work part-time in a different country for educational purposes.

Depending on your program, country of choice, and many other factors, your visa will permit you to stay anywhere between a few months or a few years after your graduation. Students are also permitted to work certain hours with a student visa, depending on which country they’re in.

The best way to learn about any country’s visa requirements is to read through its embassy or consulate website.

Here is a list of the things you need to know about the student visa process for the top 5 study abroad destinations in the world-


  • Make sure you hold the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) or fall into one of the exemption categories.
  • If you plan to stay for three months or less, apply for a Visitors Visa. If you intend to stay for up to four months, choose the Working Holiday Visa. In case you want to stay for over four months, you will have to apply for the Australian Student Visa (Subclass 500).
  • If you are younger than 18 years, you will need proof of welfare arrangement.
  • Create an ImmiAccount on the website, log in, fill out your application form and attach the necessary documents.


  • Before you arrive in Canada, apply online for a Canadian student visa on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website.
  • You will need to share your financial records as proof that you have between 10,000 and 11,000 CAD (per year) to live in Canada.
  • To Study in Canada, the study permit will expire 90 days after you have completed your studies.
  • If you plan on studying in Quebec, you will need a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec, the English and French translation of your documents, a statement from the translator, and a certified copy of the original documents.


  • If your course will last for three months or less, you should apply for a Schengen Visa.
  • If your course duration is over three months, you should apply for The German National Visa.
  • Students who enter Germany with a national visa need to extend their stay with a residence permit in Germany for higher education from the foreign office.
  • Germany has three different types of student visas-
    • Student Visa for Germany- This is for international students who have graduated (or will soon be graduating) and are planning to pursue a full-time program at a German university.
    • Applicant Visa for Students in Germany- This visa is for students who want to stay in Germany and apply for a university program in person.
    • Visa for a Language Course- This visa is for students who wish to pursue a language course in Germany.


  • Start by applying to SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) approved institutions.
  • Along with your acceptance letter, the university will provide you with an I-20 form. This is a vital requirement for your visa application process, without which it cannot begin.
  • The visa application is available online. You must complete and submit it before printing the DS-160 form, which is required during the F-1 visa interview.
  • USA has three different types of student visas-
    • The M-1 Visa is for international students looking to attend vocational school or pursue a non-academic program.
    •  J-1 is for exchange students, interns, teachers, professional trainees, or seasonal workers in the private cultural sector.
    •  The F-1 Visa is for foreign students pursuing an academic or English language program.

The UK

  • You can apply to UK universities through the University and College Admission Service (UCAS).
  • You need to submit the visa application at least three months before your classes begin.
  • Apply within six months after receiving the CAS form.
  • If you are accepted for a full-degree program, you will need to apply for a Tier-4 student visa.

To fulfill your study abroad dreams, you need many other vital documents along with a student visa. These include language proficiency test scores, standardized entrance test scores, Statement of Purpose, Letter of Recommendation, portfolio, and educational and financial documents. It’s best to start collating these papers well before you start with your application process.

If you’re looking for more information, you can always reach out to experts at iSchoolConnect. Apply for their 30-min free counseling session today.

For more valuable information visit this website

See also  Prime 10 Metaverse Cash to Purchase on