Portugal has become a favorite destination for many people around the world, especially after the launch of the Golden Visa program. Since 2012, Portugal has been providing the opportunity for overseas investors to get residency in Portugal. As a result of this initiative, thousands of applicants and dependent families have obtained Portuguese residency.
Portugal Golden Visa Fund has been introduced a few years ago as a way to apply for the Golden Visa. 150 investors have applied and obtained their Golden Visa since then, as of January 2022.
You can now take a closer look at this investment option below.
Portugal Golden Visa Provides Residency in Europe
The Golden Visa Program is only for citizens outside of the EU, EEA, and Switzerland. Applying for the program includes making a qualifying investment and preparing documents.
Real estate investment has been the most preferred option by now. Investment fund Portugal, on the other hand, gained popularity in a short time as well.
Find the conditions and the process of Golden Visa Portugal Investment Fund below.
About Portugal Golden Visa Investment Fund
Portugal Golden Visa Fund has been in service for investors since 2017. This option entails an investment in venture capital funds in Portugal. The minimum amount required for this is €500,000. You can invest in units of investment funds or venture capital funds of funds.
After you make the investment, submit documents, and get approved, you’ll get your residence right in Portugal. Your dependent family members can join the program with you as well.
Eligibility for Portugal Golden Visa Fund requires special conditions. These are:
- Being a citizen outside of the EU, EEA, Switzerland, and
- Having a clean criminal record.
Further requirements may also apply depending on the fund management company or the fund you’ll invest in.
How To Apply for Investment Fund Portugal
Portuguese Golden Visa Investment Fund requires the following steps to be able to apply:
- First of all, you’ll choose a Portugal Golden Visa fund option
- Then, you’ll appoint a law firm
- At this step, you’ll obtain your tax identity number (NIF) and you’ll open a bank account in Portugal
- This step includes handling the related fund subscription documents: Preparing, signing, and completing the documents
- The fund manager will then approve you
- At this step, you can transfer the funds to the fund account
- A biometrics appointment is required to attend at this step. If you include your family, they’ll be present there as well
- As the last step, you’ll get your residence permit from SEF (Portuguese Immigration and Borders Service).
Why Portugal Golden Visa Investment Fund?
You can benefit from Portugal Golden Visa Investment Fund in many ways. Find these benefits below.
Low Taxes Compared to Other Investment Options
The related fees and taxes are low with investment fund options compared to real estate investment options. Real estate investment in Portugal requires, for example, 0.8 percent stamp duty and six percent IMI transfer tax. In addition, property investment requires about 0.4 percent annual municipal taxes. Compared to this, the option of investment fund Portugal does not require any of these fees.
It’s a Secure Option Regulated by Many Authorities
The management of your funds is under the control of the fund managers. In this way, you don’t need to control them.
Investing in Portugal Golden Visa Fund is quite safe because lots of institutions and authorities regulate your funds. In this way, you’ll make sure that your funds comply with the related legislations and laws in Portugal. Such authorities that regulate your funds include:
- Bank of Portugal
- The Portuguese Securities Market Commission (CMVM)
- Portuguese tax authorities, and
- An independent fund management company.
Yields and Tax Benefits May Apply
Annual yields out of your Portuguese Golden Visa Investment Fund may apply. In most cases, the total capital appreciation is also higher than many other Golden Visa investment options.
As a non-tax resident, you can enjoy the exemption from withholding tax on the income that the fund generates.
So, Portugal Golden Visa Fund makes you benefit from many advantages. Apply today and get your Golden Visa to benefit yourself.